Are you one among the people who are facing problems with yellow or discolored teeth. Did you find the reason behind it? Tooth discoloration occurs due to several reasons. Especially, advancement in age, tobacco use, poor dental hygiene, genetics, etc. Brushing and flossing don’t make your teeth whiter. Several natural products can help to get rid of the yellow color. Turmeric is one among them which is effective to clean all superficial debris on your teeth. Hence, look through the complete article to know how to use turmeric to whiten teeth.
Turmeric to Whiten Teeth
Like all other natural ingredients turmeric also removes superficial debris and stains on teeth. Turmeric is a powerful astringent that reduces the plaque breakdowns on teeth. The most common use of turmeric that we know is the ingredient for food and also helps to heal wounds. In addition to this, turmeric works excellent for whitening of teeth. Turmeric contains a component called Curcumin which has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antibiotic properties. Hence, Turmeric is a good natural recipe for dental pains and dental ailments like gingivitis. Also, cleanse bacteria and germs that cause cavities and plaques on your teeth.
Does Turmeric Whiten Teeth?
The most common question for everyone “Is turmeric stain teeth?”. All of us know that turmeric makes stains to clothes. So, many people believe that the ingredient which makes stains to clothes will definitely make stains to teeth. But no one has proved whether it is true or false. But many think that the astringent properties of turmeric will avoid the formation of plaques on teeth. As the age becomes increasing, several teeth decays will happen ans leads to permanent loss of teeth. To avoid these problems, use turmeric to whiten teeth and also for gums treatment.
Turmeric for Teeth Whitening
Teeth will decay due to many reasons, but the main one is our diet. Intake of alcohol, tea, coffee, etc will cause stains and cavities to teeth. Luckily we have many natural kinds of toothpaste and teeth whitening procedures to get rid of the yellow color. Do you know whitening teeth with turmeric is an excellent remedy? Turmeric has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, turmeric paste is the best solution for whitening teeth. Know the process of how to use turmeric for whitening teeth below.
- Mix 1 tbsp of turmeric powder with water or mustard oil.
- Blend this mixture to form like paste.
- Use this mixture as toothpaste.
- Dip your brush into this consistency and take a brush for 2 minutes.
- Rinse your mouth with water to throw out all yellow powder.
- After this, take a brush with your general toothpaste.
- Practice this trick to obtain instant and best results.
Turmeric and Coconut Oil for whitening teeth
As we already seen that turmeric is effective for whitening teeth. Hence, when mixed with other ingredients like coconut oil, you will get more benefits and quick results. Of course, coconut oil doesn’t whiten your teeth, but it prevents the happening of yellow color by killing germs and bacteria. The lauric acid present in coconut oil avoids the plaque formation which is the main cause of yellow color. Hence, use coconut oil and turmeric to whiten teeth. Besides whitening teeth, they also promote your gums healthily and makes your breath fresh.
Coconut oil of 2 teaspoons.
Organic turmeric powder of 4 teaspoons.
Baking soda of 2 tablespoons.
Directions to use:
- Take organic turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Add the specified quantities of baking soda and coconut oil.
- Stir these quantities very well until you obtain a paste like consistency.
- Apply a generous portion of this natural turmeric toothpaste on your brush.
- The brush your teeth as do normally.
- After brushing teeth with turmeric, rinse your mouth with water for 3 or 4 times.
- Make sure if any turmeric powder left on your teeth.
- If powder exists, rinse again until you didn’t see yellow powder.
- Repeat this process until you get a whiter teeth.
Turmeric Mouthwash for whiter teeth
Besides whitening toothpaste, turmeric mouthwash is also a great homemade remedy for teeth whitening. Also, used for treating gum infections like Gingivitis and any other gum problems. Gingivitis is a disease caused due to inflammation of gums. When it left untreated, lead to several complications. Hence, use turmeric to whiten teeth and to cure this disease. Turmeric mouthwash is an effective remedy for whitening teeth and the treatment of Gingivitis. Hence, rinse your mouth with this 0.1% turmeric mouthwash. Since turmeric has antimicrobial properties, removes all plaques very fast when compared with other natural products.
Side effects of using Turmeric for teeth whitening
Often turmeric has many benefits, in some cases, it has additional side effects. So, be careful and consult a dentist before using turmeric for teeth whitening. Keep in mind the below tips while using turmeric to whiten teeth.
- When people with diabetes use turmeric, blood sugar will decrease. Hence, be careful while using turmeric teeth whitener.
- In the case of men, fertility rate may decrease due to lowering of testosterone level.
- As we know that turmeric slows down the blood clotting, so don’t use this remedy before after surgery because it can cause bleeding.
- Also, people with gall bladder problem are not advised to use it.
- Pregnant women and who are breastfeeding may consult a dentist before using turmeric for teeth whitening.
In addition to using this turmeric tooth whitener, you must follow some daily habits to prevent a further appearance of yellow teeth. Avoid consumption of alcohol and don’t smoke. Also, avoid the products that cause stains on your teeth. Try to rinse your mouth with mouthwash after eating and drinking.