A smile is a curve that makes everything straight. But most of the people hesitate to smile due to their yellow or stained teeth. The tooth discoloration occurs due to many things such as unhealthy oral hygiene, tobacco chewing, smoking, indulging in excessive tea, coffee, acidic drinks, etc. Of course, there are a plenty of teeth whitening methods such as whitening toothpaste, mouthwash, gums, and expensive professional treatments. So rather than running off to the dentist or putting some harsh bleaching chemicals on your teeth, try some DIY remedies at home to get pearly whites. There are also easy, everyday habits that can help brighten your smile. Among those, Apple Cider Vinegar for Whiter Teeth stands first in the line. After trying this remedy, you will definitely love your smile!
Apple Cider Vinegar for Whiter Teeth
Since the apple cider vinegar is made from fermented apples, it is rich in pectins, healthy enzymes, and essential minerals, etc. Apple cider vinegar acts as a powerful cleansing agent with a very mild action. ACV also helps to maintain the pH balance in the acidic range, thereby brightening your smile. It is known not only to remove stains to whiten teeth but also to kill gum disease causing bacteria in your mouth.
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple Cider Vinegar is also known as Cider Vinegar or ACV made from Apples must or cider. It is in pale or medium amber color. ACV is made by crushing apples and squeezing out the liquid. Then bacteria and yeast are added to that to start the alcoholic fermentation process. The yeast now converts the sugar present in the apples to alcohol. In the following fermentation process, the alcohol is converted into vinegar by acetic acid. The sour taste of Apple cider vinegar is produced by Acetic acid and Malic acid. Cider vinegar is generally used in salad dressings, vinaigrettes, marinades, food preservatives, and chutneys, etc. Here I have given an article about Apple Cider Vinegar for Whiter Teeth.
How to get White Teeth with Vinegar ?
A crunchy apple acts like a toothbrush as you chew it. The process of chewing an apple removes excess food and bacteria from your mouth while scrubbing away surface stains. Apples also contain malic acid, a chemical used in teeth whitening products, which helps dissolve stains. When the apples are not available you can buy Apple cider vinegar for whiter teeth. But where to get Apple Cider Vinegar? You can get this ACV from any of the grocery stores. Always shake the bottle before you use as the essential compounds were present at the bottom of the bottle.
Remember to dilute the solution prior to using it as it is acidic in nature and may harm your teeth if used in the undiluted form. This is a wonderful home remedy for bad breath, thrush, chronic gum infections and tooth stains. Mix 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with 1/4 cup of water. Swish it around in your mouth and then spit out. You can swallow it if you want to receive the other health benefits that apple cider vinegar has. But the important thing here is that you will immediately need to brush your teeth after each use of the apple cider vinegar mouthwash. Since ACV is an acid, it will need to be rinsed away after use! But be careful not to do this too often, as it can break down your tooth enamel.
Apple Cider Vinegar Teeth Whitener
The apple cider vinegar eventually works as a mouth gum cleaner and also removes stubborn stains on our teeth, especially from coffee and nicotine. It has been proven that ACV works as a natural teeth whitener but you have to be consistent and it takes at least one month of continuous usage to see better results. You can either gargle or dip your toothbrush in apple cider vinegar and then brush your teeth for the perfect smile. Apple cider vinegar gargle helps to remove the bacteria, leftover food materials, dead cells, etc. in the mouth. Gargling with vinegar not only helps to whiten teeth but also helps to get rid of bad breath and other oral health problems.
How to Gargle with Vinegar ?
- Mix one part of ACV with two parts of water in a glass.
- Now swish and rinse this solution around your mouth for about 15 to 20 seconds.
- Spit out the solution and rinse your mouth thoroughly with water.
- Make sure that no residues of acid were present in your teeth.
- Brush as usual after you gargle.
- Repeat this process to get sparkling white teeth that shine like a set of pearls.
Apple Cider Vinegar Teeth Whitening Methods
We all want to have a bright and white smile! But sometimes our teeth doesn’t look as white as we would like them to be. To get back our teeth color, we will try different teeth whitening methods. But Apple Cider Vinegar for Whiter Teeth always works best! There are plenty of methods to whiten teeth with Apple Cider vinegar. You can drink daily or brush with ACV or mix with sodium bicarbonate to use as a toothpaste. Simply follow one of these home remedies to whiten teeth quickly. For a less abrasive teeth whitening mouthwash, mix one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with a cup of water, then swish around in your mouth.
Method 1: Brushing with ACV
- Pour distilled vinegar in a small cup and dip your toothbrush in it.
- Now start brushing your teeth with this for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Wash your teeth and mouth thoroughly with water to prevent the acidic effect on the enamel.
- Repeat this process once or twice a week to get sparkling white teeth.
Method 2: Drink Vinegar
- Take raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
- Drink this before or after your meals to get proper digestion, clear the bad breath caused by consuming that food, and teeth discoloration.
- Make sure to drink water after consuming vinegar because it affects the tooth enamel or the lining that is connected to the intestinal tract.
Method 3: ACV with Baking Soda
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1/2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a small bowl.
- Stir them well until it forms a paste.
- Use this paste as toothpaste and brush with this daily.
- Otherwise, you can use this paste to gargle by mixing a little amount of water in it like mouthwash.
- It is important that before you start using cider vinegar for teeth, you should consult your dentist as to whether this suits you or not.
- You must also check whether you are allergic to these substances.
- While using this as a mouthwash make sure that you do not swallow the vinegar.
- Since it tastes very sour and harsh, you can opt for mixing vinegar with some salt to reduce the effect.
Side Effects of Apple Cider Vinegar
Is Apple Cider Vinegar bad for TAlthough small amounts of using ACV is generally fine and healthy, but taking too much can be harmful and even dangerous. As the saying goes, anything in excess is lethal. The main Apple Cider Vinegar Side Effects while using for teeth whitening are it destroys tooth enamel. Besides giving a yellowish shade to your teeth, it increases your teeth sensitivity as well. So after gargling with cider vinegar, rinse your mouth well with clean water.
The above remedies about Apple Cider Vinegar for Whiter Teeth are natural and safe to use. You have to do only one thing, i.e., to follow them regularly without getting fail. Remember that prevention is always better than cure. So regularly have some dental checkups, drink plenty of water, and reduce eating foods that stain your teeth for some time.